Last Updated or created 2022-11-25
I use a bunch of different tools to create video’s or stream stuff.
Below is some info about those tools.
- Kdenlive – Linear video editor (Adding text, transitions, etc)
- VLC media player – For example to embed video in OBS
- OBS – Opensource Broadcast software, i use this also to record my screen – You can use this as a virtual webcam, so you can fool around with the image.
- Audacity – For editing audio
- QPrompt – Teleprompter
For OBS i made a shortcut/macro keyboard thingy. Based on an arduino pro mini. (Which can connect to a computer acting like a HID, for example a keyboard or mouse)
I use this one to emulate keystrokes which i’ve configured in OBS to do:
- Switch to scene 1
- Switch to scene 2
- Transition from scene to scene
- Start streaming
- Start recording
- [empty] – sometimes used as “start virtual webcam”
- Slow transition
- Blank screen
- Display overlay text
(Originally i planned to do this with a Nextion Display)
Sometimes a Nikon on a tripod is better.
I don’t have a dedicated webcam for my battlestation. So i mainly use a Actioncam (4k) which can be connected via USB. Or i use a Nikon together with the Camlink.
So i record using my mobile, webcam, screen record
Edit using Audacity and Kdenlive.
When recording with OBS i use MP4 as a container, this is a no-brainer to embed in websites. Use mkv when recording long shots, or when connections can break. (A mp4 will be corrupted)
ffmpeg -i streamrecord.mkv -codec copy putinmp4container.mp4
I’ve played around with StreamFX which gives you some nice extra tools.
(There are loads of plugins to download)
Using websockets is on my todolist.
Working on a blender animation.
Realtime screen grab, which gets 3D placed in a scene.