Last Updated or created 2022-08-12
Almost … friday will be the day i’ll attend May Contain Hackers.
Besides the awesome villages and talks.
You get a hackable badge, this one is more amazing as previous versions.
I can’t wait to have a go at this cool gadget. I personally could do without the pcb fancy design.
- Espressif ESP32 Wrover-E with 16MB of flash storage and paired with 8MB of PSRAM, for front-end badge computing and compatibility with the badge.team ecosystem back to the 2017 SHA badge.
- Lattice ICE40UP5K FPGA for hardware-accelerated graphics and user FPGA hardware designs.
- Raspberry Pi RP2040 for advanced USB communication and board management.
- 2Ah LiPo battery to give you a full day of fun on a charge.
- 16-bit DAC with stereo output to headphone socket, onboard mono speaker.
- ILI9341 2.2 inch TFT display with a 240 by 320 pixel resolution.
- Bosch BNO055 orientation sensor.
- Bosch BME680 environmental sensor.
- The usual array of addressable LEDs.
- SAO and Qwiic expansion connectors, FPGA PMOD expansion, plus onboard prototyping area.
Downloadable apps, micro python, Arduino ide programming.
All kinds of GPIO pins, leds buttons, sound.
Check out https://hatchery.badge.team/
You can play with this virtually here!
So much potential! Great start for a DIY project.
I won’t post about the workings, thats all well documented online.
I shall post about the hacks/findings i personally did.
Made a micropython program to keep your NameTag level to the ground (Better version)
Someone made a 8bit logic analyser using the pmod connector !